This is a genuine Beni Ourain rug made by Jihane. Outstanding characteristics, such as the one-of-a-kind patterns and sumptuous feel have made them a favourite among our customers. This authentic Beni Ourain rug, named after the tribe from which it was acquired, measures 240cm x 170cm.
Such rugs are crafted by tribes-women who live in the picturesque Atlas Mountains, and each weaver utilizes their own specific methods typically learned from her mother or grandmother. Some of these techniques are hundreds of years old, and when combined with the skills developed by each weaver, they create a truly spectacular product. This lovely, handcrafted Moroccan Berber rug has a luxurious feel and interesting designs that make it pleasing to the touch as well as to the eye.
- Live in London? Call us today to arrange your viewing of over 200 authentic Berber rugs in person. Simply contact us at 0207 099 6616 to schedule an appointment.
- Easy off-street parking is provided for your convenience.
- Nearest tube station is Parson’s Green - 5-minute walk.
- We sell only genuine Berber rugs sourced directly from the Atlas mountains.
- The rug shown to you here is the exact product you will receive.
- 7 day UK delivery, costing £7.99
- Convenient delivery service - Instruct our courier to have the Beni Ourain rug delivered to the place you prefer at the time of your choice.
- Your rug will be packaged in strong, recycled material that is environmentally friendly.
- We are proud to offer a no questions asked, 14-day, money back guarantee.
This high-quality Moroccan Beni Ourain rug has a pile that was created naturally through time-tested methods. The authentic sheep wool used to fashion the rugs are put through a distinct process that ultimately results in the unique appearance. The dying and weaving methods utilized when such rugs are crafted are native to Moroccan Berber tribes. The weaver typically starts by washing the rug with water from the Atlas Springs. The rug is then placed in direct sunlight where it is dried. This is what gives Berber rugs their signature ivory colour. As you can see, the geometric pattern on the rug is an abstract design to enhance the look of any room.
It is simple to keep Berber rugs looking great, and they are renowned for their longevity. This is because the natural lanolin in the wool with which they are created makes the rug somewhat stain-resistant without the need for complex maintenance. Any Beni Ourain rug you invest in is sure to remain soft and vibrant for many years. They are completely organic as well, since the weaving process does not involve the use of any harsh chemicals.
We regularly travel to Morocco to maintain a mutually advantageous partnership with our suppliers. In this way, we can guarantee that our customers will receive only the highest quality, authentic Moroccan Berber rugs available on today's market. The Beni Ourain rug pictured here is the one you will receive when your order is delivered, as we do not sell mass-produced, identical rugs, but rather one-of-a-kind, original works of art.